Membership in this organization is open to any individual or institution interested in promoting the social studies. Membership in this organization requires completion of a membership application and payment of annual dues. There are three levels of membership available to members:
Regular Membership: This level of membership is for all educators who are currently involved in social studies education at the K-college/university levels. The dues are $25.00 per calendar year.
Student Membership: This level of membership is for pre-service teachers who are currently enrolled in teacher education programs at any of the state's institutions of higher learning. The dues are $15.00 per calendar year.
Retired Membership: This level of membership is for retired social studies educators. The dues are $15.00 per calendar year.
Each level affords members the same privileges, which include:
* Receipt of the MCSS Newsletter twice a year (spring and fall)
* Eligibility to serve on the various MCSS committees and on the Board of Directors
* Invitation to the MCSS Annual Conference (held each fall)
* Opportunities to become involved in other professional and MCSS-related networking and educational activities
* Getting to meet, know, and learn from and with social studies educators from across our great state!
To join MCSS, complete the Membership Form and mail the form along with your dues to the MCSS treasurer.